GardenMessenger

This blog reviews the latest products, plants and innovations in gardening. It also provides a link for my many gardening friends who are members of the GardenMessenger and Seedmessenger Yahoo groups and their sub-groups that I moderate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I am a semi-retired UK botanical garden curator and former international horticultural consultant, who has worked extensively in Europe, the Middle East, North America and Australia. I spend part of the year in Australia and part in Europe, mainly due to family and work commitments. I earn my living from writing and editing Internet copy, articles and books. I have written over fifty books on gardening and have been translated into twenty-four different languages. I am a former UK Garden Writer of the Year and a previous Quill & Trowel Award Winner from the Garden Writer’s Association of America. I am interested in developing gardening communities on the Internet and I manage the popular GardenMessenger Yahoo group, along with its various sub-groups like PondMessenger and SeedMessenger. I also edit International Water Gardener and its associated regional web-sites.

Monday, August 14, 2006

2006 New Waterlily Competition Results

Nymphaea 'Tan-khwan'


The winners of the 2006 New Waterlily Competition of the International Waterlily and Water Gardening Society have been announced.

Best New Waterlily - ‘Avalanche’ (Craig Presnell - United States)

Best New Tropical Waterlily - ‘Avalanche’ (Craig Presnell - United States)

Runner Up - ‘Pink Flamingo’ - (Craig Presnell - United States)

Best New Hardy Waterlily - 'Tan-khwan - (Pairat Songpanich - Thailand)

Runner Up - ‘Niki' - (Andreas Protopapas - Cyprus)

Further details click here.

Happy Gardening

Philip

GardenMessenger

To join the GardenMessenger gardening community
click here
.

To visit the GardenMessenger web-site
click here
.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter